Sometimes I Say Yes – Sometimes I Say No
Bully Behavior Curriculum Page 25
Author: Lynne Namka, Ed. D
There is a Knowing Place inside of you that knows what is best for you. It is part of your Inner Wisdom that can help you make decisions that are good for you.
Check out your Knowing Place. What does it tell you? Sometimes it will help you say no when others are trying to get you to do something you are not comfortable with. Your Knowing Place is connected to your Common Sense Part.
Here are some different ways to say no:
- That doesn’t fit for me.
- That’s not right for me.
- No, not right now.
- I’ll pass.
- No! I said no!
Remember you have choices. You can choose what is right for you. You can say yes or no when someone offers you something.
You can ALWAYS choose!
Helper Words To Show You Are a Powerful Person:
- I’m in charge. I can say yes or no.
- I’ll check with my Knowing Part and see what is right for me.
- I can choose what I want to do.
- I don’t have to do things that are not right for me.
- I have the right to make my own choices.