Speaking Out in a Firm Voice
Bully Behavior Curriculum Page 20
Author: Lynne Namka, Ed. D
You can use loud, assertive words if your body is threatened by someone in uncomfortable ways. Phrases like I FEEL MAD WHEN YOU DO THAT. DON’T TOUCH ME, I DON’T LIKE IT! or STOP THAT. STOP TOUCHING ME! will give the other person a strong message to stop. If someone is hurting you, tell them to stop and if that doesn’t work, leave the situation.
Use your strong words. Tell the person to stop in a loud voice.
Look him in the eye and tell him to stop bothering you.
Use your strong, firm voice!
Helper Words To Stand Up for Yourself and Say NO!:
- I can let him know how I feel.
- I will use my firm and fair words.
- I use my words and say it how it is.
- I feel good about standing up for myself.
- I have a right to what happens to my body.
- I can say really loud, Leave me alone!